BSW Program Admission
Enrollment in the BSW program requires formal admission to the Indiana University School of Social Work. The following are the minimum requirements for consideration for admission to the program:
- Regular admission to Indiana University.
- Completion of a minimum of 12 credit hours. Although we encourage early application, advanced students may also apply.
- Satisfactory completion (grade of C or better) of the required course S141 Introduction to Social Work.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Completion of Application for Admission to the BSW Program packet.
- Evidence of characteristics or potential required of competent social work practitioners as defined in the mission statement of the School. Such evidence may be derived from application materials, letters of reference, pertinent work or volunteer experience, and performance in S141 Introduction to Social Work.
Applications must be received by April 1st to be considered for the Fall semester. Applications received after April 1st may be reviewed depending upon availability for spaces in the program but are not guaranteed review for the following semester
Click here to download the 2012-2013 BSW Application